Wednesday, June 12, 2013

My Twin + A Watermelon Margarita Recipe

Happy hump day y'all! :)
Yesterday, my friend, Courtney tagged me in a post & challenged me to answer six questions.
Here we goooo!

1. Who is your celebrity lookalike?

My celeb lookalike (or so I've been told repeatedly) is Katherine Heigl!



I swear, when I used to bartend I would get told MINIMUM once a week that I look like her! ha
I consider this a major compliment by the way ;)
I think I look most like her when I have blonde hair & I'm not wearing eye liner, but I couldn't find a picture like that so this will have to do!
Do y'all think I look like her?

2. Best place you've ever visited?

Hmm.. I'd say it's a tie between Cozumel & Vegas!
We were only in Cozumel for one day because it was just one stop on our cruise, but it was GORGEOUS!



& I'm completely OBSESSED with Vegas. I swear I'd go every chance I got if I could! 
I mean, where else can you choke out Jason with your best friend one minute & run into two UFC refs in an elevator the next?!

sidenote - look how long my hair was! #longhairdontcare

Anddd where else can you hold a giant lizard on the side of the street & then walk another five feet & hold the worlds smallest [and cutest] monkey?!

#takemeback



3. What is your favorite summer drink?

Watermelon Margaritas fo' sho!
Y'all have already heard me talk about them a few times & summer has barely begun.
Pappasitos makes the best ones & since I used to work there, I know how they make them...
I thought I'd share that fabulous recipe with y'all:

+6 chunks of watermelon (about 1" around)
+1.5 oz of Milagro tequila (or if you're like me, add a little bit more)
+3/4 oz of Cointreau
+1 oz watermelon pucker
+4 oz sweet n sour (I honestly don't know the exact measurements for their sweet & sour, so you can either use store-bought or if you're looking for a more low-cal option, you can use straight lime juice)

-Muddle your watermelon chunks in a glass until they're all mashed up & most of the juice is out.
-Fill your glass with ice.
-Add your tequila, triple sec, pucker & sweet n sour.
-Shake really good, strain, pour & enjoy!
& if you're feeling really fancy, you can garnish it with a slice of watermelon!



4. If you could have lunch with anyone {living or dead}, who would it be?

Tom DeLonge.



Don't know who he is? We can't be friends anymore. Jk!
I know my girl Kelly knows!!! ;)
But really, he's a singer in Blink-182, Boxcar Racer & Angels & Airwaves.
I've had a thing for him since like 7th grade & he's #1 on my list of people to meet.
Luke Bryan comes in at a close second ;)



5. What is your biggest pet peeve?

When people don't use the correct version of your/you're.
If you're in need of a grammar lesson, email me & I'll be glad to help.
There's a difference between your & you're people, LEARN IT!


6. What is the most-played song on your iPod?

Hmm.. at the moment, it's probably a three-way tie between:





Those were some really good questions! 
Thanks Courtney! :)

I'm tagging Brooke, Candice & Alex!

Here are your questions:
 (and yes, I stole some of them from Courtney!)

Who is your celebrity lookalike?
If you could have lunch with anyone (alive or dead), who would it be?
What is the most-played song on your iPod?
What is the best book you've ever read?
If you could go on a blate (blogger date) with anyone, who would you choose?
If you could only choose one & had to delete the other, which would you keep: Twitter or Instagram?

PS-Wrinkles says hi! (very willingly I might add)



Linking up with Shanna!


22 comments:

  1. First off, you are so sweet for tagging me. But, I can tell you right now, that I have no idea how to answer the first question lol. I'll try though! Thank you. :)

    Moving on, you totally do have a resemblance to Katherine Heigl!

    Vegas! Yes!!

    Your pet peeve is totally the same as one of my pet peeves! Drives me crazy! It's one of the easiest conjunctions ever too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That martini looks delish! I was a huge blink fan back in the day! They are too freakin funny and I think Tom would def be fun to hang out with...Although Mark is pretty funny too, I always had a crush on travis though....is that weird?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my GOSH, I also hate those grammar issues. So annoying!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You do look like Katherine H. That margarita looks yummy..is it 5 o'clock yet?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I use to work at pappadeaux and we had the most amazing watermelon drink. It wasn't a margarita, it was made with vodka. But I would "test" it before I dropped it off many times... So delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bahahah!!! Yes, Tom Delonge!! Love the shout out, thanks chica :p

    Bad grammar is also one of my biggest pet peeves, how embarrassing about that mistake in the Taylor Swift pic! haha

    ReplyDelete
  7. You do look like Katherine H! Totes McGoats! Come make me some 'Ritas and hang by the pool today! (Wrinkles can come too but don't forget his floaties!) I always ALWAYS get that I look like Kristen Johnson from Third Rock From the Sun-- probably the height, but no really.. sometimes I do when I dress up. Fun quiz today!

    ugottahavehart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. weeeee thanks for the tag friend! Great minds think alike because I literally just tagged you in my post for today!

    and you def look like Katherine... creepy


    and i was drooling look at that luke bryan pic.. gahhh i love him.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That watermelon margarita sounds amazing right about now!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hahahha that T. Swift picture, omg made me crack up. "YOU'RE!" ;) so funny. I wish people could just get it right!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Soo... I've never been to Vegas. I'm weird, I know, ha. And you look SO much like Katherine. I don't know why I haven't noticed this before!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay thank you so much for playing! You have great answers and I love that you included the recipe for the watermelon margarita! And I can totally see the Katherine Heigl similarities!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have never been to Vegas and want to go sooooo bad!! Bucket list hello!!! And yep, I'm gonna have to make that margarita recipe asap! Yumm!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. i can totally see katherine heigl and yes that's a good thing! that margarita sounds really tasty and your puggy is so cute!
    -- jackie @ jade and oak

    ReplyDelete
  15. gosh I LOVE Tom DeLonge. I also miss Blink

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMG! I'm obsessed with Papasitos and these margaritas.. thank you thank you thank you for posting the recipe! Making them tonight :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. You DO look like Katherine Heigl!!! That watermelon margarita sounds amazing, I'm totally making it this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Watermelon margs are my favorite too!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for the margarita recipe! Gonna have to try that :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love this post!! You TOTALLY look just like Katherine Heigl! I've never had a watermelon marg, but I'm definitely going to try this recipe!

    Happy Thursday, love!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I totally agree with the grammar thing. AND, am bookmarking the watermelon margarita for a hot day this summer. Great call! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Boo, can't have watermelon so I'll have to take your word for it. I've never been to Vegas, don't hate me, lol! I think you definitely look like K. Heigl and I hate when people don't use the correct version too!

    ReplyDelete