I've been wanting to make homemade mac n cheese for a longggg time but I've never gotten around to it. Last night I finally went for it! This stuff was so yummy & it really wasn't all that hard to make. It probably took about 45 minutes from start to finish.
- 16 oz macaroni pasta
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup flour
- 3 1/2 cups milk, warmed
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/2 lb Velveeta, cubed
- 1/2 lb cheddar, cubed
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 tbls parsley
- 2 tbls butter, melted
1. Heat oven to 350* F & Boil your pasta for 2 minutes less than the directions suggest, drain it & set it aside
2. In a saucepan, melt 1/2 cup butter, salt & pepper. Once melted, add flour, stir & cook for 1 minute. (this is what it will look like after)
3. Add milk & wine & bring to a boil, whisking.
4. Cut up cheeses into cubes.
5. Add the cubed cheeses & stir vigorously until melted
6. Add pasta & cheese sauce to a greased 9 x 13 pan & mix
7. Combine the bread crumbs, parsley & melted butter in a small bowl
8. Sprinkle the crumb topping on the macaroni & bake uncovered for 20 minutes (the original recipe suggested 30 minutes, but I found that to be too long. I believe 20 minutes would be much better!)
Now I'm off to drool over everyone else's recipes!
Linking up with Ash & Jess! :)