Monday, April 15, 2013

Weekend Update [a blate + a graffiti run]

Friday we went to watch a tennis tournament at River Oaks. [I'm not sure if I've mentioned it before or not, but Darren is OBSESSED with tennis, ha]
While we were at the tennis tournament, some of our good friends called & asked if we wanted to come over for dinner at their new place. We've been dying to see their new place so we were beyond excited. Then I realized we had to get them a housewarming gift. Insert Pinterest. Unfortunately I didn't take any pictures of MY versions because we were in such a rush, but here's what we ended up giving them (they LOVED it!!)

via & via

***It's a lime tree with coronas & limes (we subbed the coronas for dos xx because they like it better) & the other one is a bottle of wine wrapped in a dish towel.***

Saturday we went to Boneyard (a dog park/bar) & I FINALLY got to meet up with Ashley & Savanah. They were so sweet & I'm so glad we all had the chance to get together.. Plus Ashley's pups got to meet Wrinkles!! :) That was my first "blate" & I'm glad it was with these ladies!! 

Sunday we woke up really early to go do a graffiti run. When I woke up I was thinking, "Why the hell did we pay to wake up early on a Sunday & go RUN?!?" But y'all... IT WAS SO MUCH FUN!! We were covered from head to toe with all different colors. If you haven't done it before, sign up! After the graffiti run we went to another tennis tournament at River Oaks, but this time it was the finals. It was an amazing match & we were on TV ;) 
(But unless you watch the tennis channel, you probably didn't see us haha)



1. Me, Ashley, Savanah AND Wrinkles, Axel & Bowser! :)
2. My best attempt at getting a good picture of Wrinkles & Bowz!
3. Me, Ashley & Savanah minus the pups! (apparently I didn't get the "stripes" memo lol)
4. Before the graffiti run...
5. After the graffiti run!!!
6. Me & Wrinkles
7. Darren & I being goofy... like always
8. My boys! (Darren & Wrinkles)
9. Darren & I at the tennis tournament!

Linking up with Sami, Leeann & Molly!

How was your weekend?!

              

17 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh it looks like you had such a fun weekend! My husband would have LOVED to go watch tennis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAYY for blates!! I love the picture of Wrinkles licking Darren's nose... so cute! Glad y'all had fun at the color run. I've always thought about doing it, but never actually signed up, ha! Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always wanted to do a graffiti run! Glad you had a great weekend!
    Stop by some time http://styledlikearockstar.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm doing the color run when it comes here in June and I can't wait. Looks like the graffiti run is pretty similar so I hope you had a blast! Have a great week Kristen!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So jealous of your blate! I'd love to have one one day!

    The housewarming gift looks perfect! I've never heard of a graffiti run but it definitely looks like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cool with the blate! I love Ashley!! And what a cool idea with the housewarming gifts! Pinterest is the absolute best. And your color run experience looks amazeballs! I did it last month and had the best time. Doesn't even seem like you are doing a 5k!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Graffiti run sounds fun! When we were dating the Hubs and I did a lot of races and now that we've been married almost a year we have done one (last week). It appealed to us because it was at a brewery. I did not account for how terrible I would feel after running 4.1 miles (part of their shtick was an extra mile) so I couldn't even drink a beer afterward. Oh well :/

    They Call Me Gypsy Queen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay! You got to go on a "blate" :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yep, it looks like Darren and you are meant for each other!:) Love that goofy photo! And YAY for the blate. SOO jelly!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great pictures!

    If you get a sec, check out my latest post 'Trend Obsessed: Black & White'. Thanks in advance.

    Sofia
    stylishlyinlove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like a fantastic weekend! I love the idea of wine wrapped in a dish towel!

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG I love the lime tree with beers! I did the tea towel with wine at the last house warming party I went to and need something different this time!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wrinkles is so adorable! The graffiti runs looks like a blast I am actually doing a color run next month!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The graffiti run looks like it was such a fun run! I love fun runs =) I need to sign up for one soon! And that housewarming gift looks super cute and really easy! Thanks for sharing friend!
    Brittney
    http://teaberrytrails.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Everyone loves it when folks come together and share views.
    Great site, continue the good work!

    Have a look at my blog post - Garcinia Cambogia Trim Review

    ReplyDelete