Thursday, November 29, 2012

Saw it. Pinned it. Did it. [candy cane wreath]

Hello there!
I'm so excited for Saw it. Pinned it. Did it. this week :)
Don't know what that is?! Check it out here.
It's only the coolest link up everrrr!
 
 
 
Since it's officially Christmas season I thought it would be appropriate to create a few Christmas pins!
This week I made a candy cane wreath!
 
This is the original pin:
 
 
This was such an easy project!
& it cost me approx. $3 to make.
 
Supplies you'll need:
-22 candy canes
-thin red ribbon (for the bows)
-hot glue gun
-hot glue (duh)
-scissors
-thick or thin ribbon in the pattern of your choice
 
To make it:
one - you put a thin line of hot glue on the outside of one candy cane & attach the back of another candy cane to it
continue this on until you have 11 pairs of two
two - cut your thin red ribbon into about 6 inch strips (you'll need 11 bows)
three - tie each ribbon into a bow around each pair of candy canes
four - put a dab of hot glue on the tip of one candy cane & a dab on the bottom of the same candy cane & then attach the tip & bottom of another candy cane to it (in the shape of a heart)
hold it together for a few seconds to dry
continue on until all candy canes are attached in a circle
five - cut your thick or thin patterened ribbon into two strips (as long as you want, depending on how low you want the wreath to hang)
six - loop the cut ribbon around one candy cane "heart" & hot glue the ends together
 
This is mine:
 
 
 
Viola! There you have it!
(& yes I had to check the spelling of that ha)
 
I was going to say that was the easiest pinterest project ever...
But then there's this one that I recreated...
 
Original:
 
 
Mine:
 
I'm working on another project right now that's better than both of these, it's just a little time consuming!
I'll save it for next week's Saw it. Pinned it. Did it.
 
Linking up now :)

 

 
I'll be back tomorrow with my last cruise recap of days four & five!
 
 


1 comment: